Saturday 1 August 2015

My First Freeletics Session

Just went for my first Freeletics session in Seremban. How was it? Let's say, for a beginner like me, I didn't do the whole thing, just the tip of the iceberg.

More and more Freeletics sessions are popping all over Malaysia and there's one in my own hometown Seremban. So on a nice Friday evening, we went to the popular park, S2 park. We parked a distant away and jogged our way there.



My initial plan was to go for a nice run while my hubby joins this Freeletics group but as we approach, there was a friend whom we've not met for a long time. They had already started the session. So as we chit chat and hubby joins in, I was contemplating to join or just go for a nice run. I saw these 2 ladies doing their best and the competitiveness in me just kicked in. So I asked my hubby what's the workout and stepped right in! They were doing Aphrodite and the part I dread most was not the burpees but the situp as I still have this tailbone problem that hurts quite bad. Still I mentally told myself, I'm gonna do the best I can and see where it's gonna bring me.

As I hear my hubby explains Aphrodite to me, I'm like, how am I gonna finish this?! Something my hubby gonna finish while I'm still burpee-ing away. Still, 50 burpees went by and my legs wobbled as I do the squats. As I lie down and think of my situps, I told myself, DO IT DO IT DO IT! Suddenly 10 situps passed, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40. Oh God, the final 10! In one breath I finished the last 10 and everyone else was wrapping up. I was thinking to myself, "What? Did I take that long? There's a total of 100 reps of each workout remaining! Then hubby explained that they are only doing parts of Aphrodite as they're beginners. Instantly I felt a wave of relief and then I realised, hey, I actually can do it too!

I did Round 1 (50 reps of the workout) in 15 minutes in which I think is not too bad as I just started my exercise regime for just a week. If I had really pushed myself, I might have been able to do it in less than an hour? Maybe I should attempt this again this week. As my current short term goal, FINISH APHRODITE IN 1 HOUR! I'm sure with motivation and competition, I can do it! Continue to follow me and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment