Friday 31 July 2015

Cook after Workout? Why not!

What do one normally do after a tiring workout? Rest, eat, shower? I tell you what I do. I cook, specifically dinner. Why? I'll answer with a question. Isn't cooking your own meal a healthier version, for a slimmer you? Plus, my workout time is with my hubby which is after his work hours (approx 6pm which is my cooking time).

As I mentioned, I'm a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom) so obviously I have "loads" of time. Uh huh. It's a myth but no one will understand it except for another SAHM. I digress so back to the topic. How do I do it? Simple, just plan ahead. Depending on the workout you're doing, you decide what kind of meal to cook. Let me give you an example.

Workout Day 4

4Sets (Time: 29 mins 5 secs)
10 Burpees
20 Lunges
30 Sit-Ups
40 Mountain Climbers
50 Jumping Jacks

This particular day, I cooked something that may seem like a meal that takes a lot of preparation but honestly it's as easy as 123 and ABC. I did Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi (YEAH! Orang Nogori rocks!) and Stirfry Eggplant & Four Angled Bean. I'll even share the recipe if anyone is interested.



Ayam Masak Lemak Cili Padi

300 - 400gm of chicken breast (cut into cubes)
15 green cili padi (Hubby chose green over red, don't ask why, I'm sure red is also fine)
2 onions
200ml coconut milk
Few cloves of garlic (We're vampire killers so we always put a lot!)
1 piece of lemongrass (smash with knife)
2-3 tsp turmeric powder (A friend said it's just for colour)
Salt to taste

1. Take all the cili padi and 1 onion, blend together into a puree.
2. Put some oil in the wok, put in garlic, lemongrass and stir until fragrant.
3. Put in the pureed cili, followed by the chicken and stir fry until chicken half cooked.
4. Stir in the chopped onions and then pour in the coconut milk. Bring to boil.
5. Put in the turmeric powder and salt to taste.

Voila! Done. Easy? The whole meal I did it less than 30 minutes, including the stirfry vegetables. Altogether with the workout, I did all these within 1 hour. Imagine if we were to eat out, we had to shower, prep the baby, drive out, find food, order food. By the time we do eat, it's like 8pm? It's all about effective time management and if I can do it, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment